Sunday, May 29, 2011

Cedar Key Small Boat Meet shirt

First full weekend in May, the Cedar Key Small Boat Meet is really fun. It's a large gathering of owners and/or builders of traditional small craft of all kinds. Island Place in Cedar Key on the waterfront is the informal HQ for the event, though everyone's scattered all over town at campgrounds, cottages, condos and at anchor. I rented a 2nd floor gulf-front condo at IP and brought Mom up for a fab Mother's Day getaway weekend. We had a sweeping view of all the fun that weekend. I towed my 13'8" Melonseed skiff, "Goshawk" up behind the Element with us. My sore throat & cold, imported from Pittsburg via Bob's earlier Southwest Airlines flight, (yay...) kept me off the water for one whole excruciating day, but Saturday with all the other "Melonheads" out there was a blast.

The t-shirt design based on my linoleum block print, "Cedar Key Afternoon" was a big hit! I sold out and then sold a reprint order right after that. The reprints were mailed out and all of those shirts should be in everyone's hands by last week.

Here it is, four colors screen printed on 100% cotton Gildan "Texas Orange" shirts (more like a lovely russett color), very nicely printed by Logo Pro in Dunedin, FL.:

1 comment:

  1. Wow Holly, this turned out awesome!
    Glad you had a great time, despite the flu. :o(

    ReplyDelete