Thursday, November 11, 2010

Ahoy! A proof to port!

My ongoing, ball & chain five-color, 3-block print project, "Ensigns off Dunedin" has a first-state at last! I only have about a bazillion hours of carving on it, but I am enjoying all the audio books.

I mixed up five random blues & greens on Tuesday to get an idea of where I am in this. More carving/tweaking to do. I also discovered I needlessly spent, oh, four hours carving a complete duplicate of an area on two blocks. D'oh...

This is not in any way the final color palette, and it's hurriedly inked and printed on the DFAC press. But on a warmish sheet of Arches Lightweight, it's kind of nice. I love it when I stop hating on a project and start getting excited about it again.

On to the finish.

Approx. 9" x 12"


No comments:

Post a Comment