Thursday, October 25, 2012

Big fun at the Studio Waltz!

The 20th Annual Studio Waltz came and went last Saturday on October 20th and was a great success here in North Pinellas County, FL! Friend and painter Barbara Kampe set up her plein air easel in my garden and sold paintings, and I sold prints from my booth with the assistance of Olivia Ferris. I nearly lost my voice more than once, talking about the process of etching and linocuts while giving a tour of my working studio.

We had cookies and cider and tea and my husband and neighbors all pitched in to help. It was the first cool-ish day of the year on Oct. 20th, which is to say, the first day that wasn't unbearably hot. The Waltz and the other 18 artists had a ton of competition because of all the events going on this past weekend, yet the crowds were steady and I had a great sales day. Thanks to all of you who stopped by, and keep an eye out for the 2013 edition!

The sign out front,  for when GPS's fail. As they do.

Getting ready in the post-dawn hour, tidying up the studio.








My lovely and fabulous assistant Liv, future robotics engineer, setting up my booth.


No comments:

Post a Comment