Monday, March 19, 2012

"Permission To Come Ashore?"

My latest color block print is finally ready and is now in edition! I've done several other projects in the last six months or so since I started this, but it's been a real education in carving multiple blocks, color mixing and registration on the press. Feeling pretty good about this one!

I've made the final color adjustments and printed the first six of 15 (including an Artist's Proof I'm keeping for myself for exhibitions). I sent a scan of a state to the Roycroft Artisan jury last month and there's a framed one of these currently in the Dunedin Fine Art Center's S+M Show but I'll really debut the final print next week at the Tarpon Springs Fine Arts Festival at Craig Park, March 31st-April 1st.


10"x8"; nine colors on five linoleum blocks. Oil based-inks on cream Rives B.F.K.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. That particularly Florida water, the luminosity of the boat and the dog ... gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Darice! I was really striving for the luminosity of the water under the boat and the reflected color on the hull. Really glad you picked up on it!

    ReplyDelete